Saturday, March 1, 2008

This is my son, whom I love






We have taken Logan on many hikes in his 7.5 months, one to an urban waterfall up in Bentonville that I read about in Tim Ernst's guide to Arkansas Waterfalls. By clicking on the pic of me holding Logan, in the enlargement you can see his 1st tooth quite clearly.
After having Logan in our lives, I am far more deeply touched now by our Father's words, "This is my Son, whom I love," esp. when I think about what he allowed Him to undergo. Logan has brought more joy to us than any other gift. He makes us strive to love him as the Father loved Jesus and to live a more pure example. Greg Jurkovic shared a similar sentiment when we were out walking in Houston: in a moment of prayer, he heard the insight, "Love your son as I have loved you." How profound!

We are definitely settled into the 1st Presbyterian congregation in downtown Siloam. One weekend, we had a cozy little dedication ceremony for Logan with our pastor Breck Castleman and his wife Robbie. There was no sprinkling involved -- just pledges to bring up Logan in the church and its ministries and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and God's Word. We had a fabulous brunch afterward at the Castleman's house. So many rich blessings (oh for the grace to give it back and be a blessing to others).



2 comments:

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said...

He's looking adorable as ever!

(still figuring out how to do this comment thing)