Monday, February 22, 2010

After a visit from a friend

[K. wrote] I had a great time catching up with you all and getting to meet Audrey. I'm sorry that you are feeling depressed. I'm sure this has been a hard struggle with getting Logan what he needs...but the encouraging thing is that God is completely in control and loves little Logan even more than you and Amanda do...and He will use Logan to bring glory to Himself....it just might be different than you had planned.  Your family is in my prayers [...] and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Thank you for the kind words, K. I couldn't love the little guy any more; he is the most adorable and precious gift to have come into our lives. I can't explain why it's still sad, even though I feel God's hand in all of this, and even though I even welcome all this as a blessing, and even feel that I know why God sent this situation to us. I guess I'm sad because I love him so much, and on the days when he is really unhappy or in his own world, I don't know how to help him. But then there are also awesome days like today when he's making good eye contact and interacting all over the place with me.

No comments: