Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"I tell you," says Jesus, "though he [God] will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs" (Luke 11:8). 

Okay, let me be bold and persistent in my asking: please hear my prayer, Almighty God, and grant my son a full recovery in the coming school years, that he may function socially, spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, at high levels and learn to speak, and speak well. 

But in my boldness, I also ask: If you are willing to heal, then why do you allow such a thing as autism in the first place? 

Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was in order that the works of God might be displayed in him" (John 9:3). 

It is hard for me to understand your will, but please help me to accept it. Not my will, but Thine.

No comments: